Use our Tips To Improve Credit & Raise Credit Scores
It’s important to remember that repairing credit is a like losing weight: It does takes time.
Most quick-fix efforts are likely to backfire, so beware of people or methods that claims to increase credit scores fast. The best way to rebuild credit is to manage your credit responsibly.
The tips below will help you manage your credit. T
1. Pay off your credit debt rather than moving it around. …
2. Keep balances low, below 10% on credit cards and other “revolving credit”.
3. Do not close your unused credit cards as a strategy to raise your credit scores. Losing the age of the cards can lower your scores, and increase your debt to credit ratio.
4. Don’t open a number of new credit cards that you don’t need, just to increase your available credit. Every hard inquiry actually lowers your credit score approximately 5 points.
5. Check Your Credit Report – If you haven’t already, request a free copy of your credit report and check it for errors. Your credit report contains the data used to calculate your credit score and it may contain errors. In particular, check to make sure that there are no late payments incorrectly listed for any of your accounts and that the amounts owed for each of your open accounts is correct. If you find errors on any of your reports, dispute them with the credit bureau.
6. Setup Payment Reminders – Making payments on time is one of the biggest contributing factors to your credit scores. You could also consider enrolling in automatic payments through your credit card issuer and or loan providers so payments will be debited from your bank account automatically.
7. Be aware that paying off a collection accounts does not remove them – The account will stay on your report for seven years.
Using these tips to improve credit & raise credit scores should help in your quest for higher credit scores and better credit.